Position Summary: Supports the company’s various departments with administrative support. Responsible for telephone and in-person reception duties, provides a professional first-impression of the company.
- Delivers the overall first impression of Merlin International to visitors
- Assist departments as needed with administrative assistance
- Conducts or supports any special activities or other administrative duties as assigned
- Makes travel arrangements for employees
- Prepares and submits travel and expense reports for employees
- Provides front desk reception by greeting visitors, responding to telephone contacts, signing for deliveries/shipments
- Distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail
- Prepares FedEx shipments
- Maintains log for received FedEx and UPS shipments
- Organizes meetings as needed
- Maintains conference room schedules
- Prepares letters and documents as needed
- Orders all office supplies for VA and CO, and some for FL office
- Coordinates in office luncheons
- Coordinates and manages building issues
- Maintains printer/copy machines and postage machine
- Maintains internal office files
- Assists with coordinating company events
- Assists with coordinating Executive Team Meetings, including preparation of meeting materials and PowerPoint presentations with statistical information and graphs
- Provides direct support to the Executive Assistant (mostly will consist of teaming to support others).
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Quality - Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes. Measures key outcomes. Sets clear quality requirements. Solicits and applies customer feedback.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within administrative field
- Ability to perform duties under limited, general supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- A certain degree of flexibility and creativity is desired
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Certificates and Licenses:
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise, light, sound and temperature levels in the work environment are usually moderate. Manual dexterity needed for computer work.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walk, sit, stoop, speak, hear, type; must lift or move up to 10 pounds
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor