The Software/Systems Architect, Sr. will provide engineering and O&M support of a large scale enterprise environment. Must be able to evaluate, design, troubleshoot and implement solutions, as well as provide some lower tier support to solve complex issues and make recommendations on best practices. The person will support projects in various stages of planning for, using, testing and implementing Riverbed monitoring solutions. This includes writing engineering documentation, presentations and policies, and being a source for answering questions and providing training. The resource should also have integration experience with publishing Riverbed monitoring suite events into other non-Riverbed operational tools from vendors like HP and CA. A person with well-developed writing and interpersonal skills are a must. Significant experience with large Riverbed NetShark enterprise installations
* Provide professional-level technical analysis including:
* Prepare business cases for the application of IT solutions.
* Ensure the integration of all systems components, e.g., procedures, databases, policies, software, and hardware; planning systems implementation.
* Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the systems analysis process.
* Function as a systems analyst/solution architect on various VA projects.
* Meet with customers, VA technical staff and management through in-person and remote settings.
* Present information formally and informally, including business cases, systems designs, technology briefings and training to a variety of audiences.
* Use CDCO currently installed version of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and other CDCO currently supported tools to document deliverables, as necessary. This might include specific configuration instructions, specifications, hardware and software requirements, implementation plans, version description, interface requirements/guide, administrative support guide, troubleshooting guides, user/analyst guide and physical and logical layer diagrams as necessary.
* Use the standard CDCO change management system to obtain new work assignments, update status and store work products as necessary.
THIS WORK CAN BE PROVIDED FROM REMOTE LOCATIONS.