VA ITSS program supports storage environment at Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) located in St. Louis, MO. Candidate shall be part of a team that provides 24x7x365 storage administration for storage platforms including Hewlett Packard (HP), Hitachi, EMC, SUN and NetApp hardware, providing storage to International Business Machines (IBM) OS/390 and Open Systems operating system software to support the SDE EO infrastructure requirements to ensure 24/7X365 availability.
Candidate shall provide support in various enterprise storage management software including HP Command View, HP StorageWorks Performance Advisor and HP Web Console, EMC Control Center, EMC Timefinder, EMC SRDF,Symmetrix Manager, Symmetrix Optimizer, Workload Analyzer, SAN Manager, EMC Navisphere, Snapview, Mirrorview, Storage Scope, Storage Scope File Level Reporter, SAN Advisor, Cisco Fabric Manager, Connectrix Manager and Automated Resources Manager utilizing GUI and command line utilities.
- Install and configure the storage host software
- Provision and decommission SAN storage in accordance with the SDE EO approval process.
- Configure and maintain the SAN storage environment to include switches, ensuring connectivity back to the server.
- Maintain and maximize the storage infrastructure providing optimal availability, performance and disaster recovery readiness.
- Develop, monitor and maintain the replication cycles for those customers that require a mission critical or essential disaster recovery plan.
- Participate in the planning and execution of bi-annual Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Develop and maintain storage capacity and chargeback reports in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot storage failures working closely with the host System Administrators and product Contractors to obtain a long-term resolution.
- Diagnose and resolve complex problems involving software, servers, storage arrays, directors and switches.
- Develop and maintain problem tracking and resolution via prescribed SDE EO methodology.
- Monitor service results to identify common problems and/or trends in providing a "proactive" service support program, preventing potential problems.
- Evaluate performance benchmarks, monitor workload and analyze results to ensure storage systems optimization.
- Maintain pace with changing technology and make recommendations for upgrades as needed.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of storage administration and customer support through proper configuration of hardware and software. All recommendations shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) prior to any implementation.
- Assist in developing and documenting enterprise storage SOPs including software configuration, implementation plans, and other various storage processes and procedures.
- Manage accounts and access to the storage management software.
- Manage the installation and integration of the storage fixes, updates, and enhancements. Plan and schedule installation of new or modified storage software. Research, test, and evaluate the impact of upgrades or changes.
- Participate in user group meetings, or conduct specialized training or assist other installations in problem solving or storage management.
- Conduct briefings on storage related hardware/software developments and technology advances to senior systems analysts, system programmers, database administrators and managers.
- Coordinate all work with the SDE EO application programmers, systems programmers, and database administrators assigned to coordinate the applications, databases, and hardware platforms.
- Provide a weekly project status report covering assigned projects..
Required Qualifications/Education requirements:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Six plus years of experience in Storage Administrator or Storage Engineer role
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Top Secret DOD clearance (or currently possess this clearance).
- Strong expertise in NetApp storage systems
- Strong expertise in Quantum storage systems
- Strong expertise in Commvault storage systems
- Strong expertise in NAS and SAN based storage systems
- Strong experience with Cisco MDS 9513 SAN multilayer directors
- Experience with GxP validated environments is a plus
- Experience with Quantum’s intelligent Scalar® i6000 tape libraries
Candidate will work from remote site (home), but must reside no further than two (2) hours from the DECC stie in St. Louis, MO.